Tuesday, May 6

I will sing to, and worship the King.

Singing. Not a forgotten passion of mine, but definitely one that I don't take the proper time to focus on a develop. I've got a marginal amount of gifting in it and I feel like I could use it so much better than I am. I know that I keep bringing it up and I keep wanting to do something with it and I keep getting lazy with it, but it's not cool anymore. I'm frustrated with myself because of it. Absolutely and entirely frustrated. I gave something that I can offer the world and I'm just about purposefully neglecting it and I find nothing but sadness in myself because of that.

I got connected with a great person in my church and she's willing to give me hour long voice lessons for fifty dollars. The cool thing? She's sung with the best of them, toured with the best of them, and coached some of the best of them. The more amazing thing? She's in my church family. It's honestly... God given. I am absolutely and entirely blessed with this open door.

I've been thinking a lot more on a simple word. Opportunity. It's such a broad word with such a broad outlook. Opportunity can come in big flashes and little ripples. Opportunity can be dressed in an Armani suit or worn leather. Everyone is opportunity and everyone has opportunity. That said, we have the distinct choice to have and make good opportunity or bad opportunity. It's all about the perspective that one takes. I for one since starting this new business have learned to make sure that everything I do is a step in positivity. Nothing good comes out of being negative. Nothing. But the world can be at your fingertips if you're positive and just continue to believe. Without a doubt there comes a very steep learning curve to that, but as long as you're believing in what you're believing in positively, chances are it'll happen.

Also, with positivity, comes something new. Status. If you're happy and excited in life, people are now beginning to look at you for direction. There's so much negativity and unhappiness in life now that it's the new normal. If someone's happy all the time they begin to hear things like "something is different about you," or "look at her go." You become looked at.

Anyways, I'm about to head off to work. Stay positive. It looks good on you.

No comments: