Monday, April 14

Somewhere between the sparks...

So lately I've been riding so many different kinds of highs. I'm on a mental high, a spiritual high, I've found a circle of loving friends, and there are countless other blessings that I've been given. I wonder one thing however. Am I too high? Am I foolish and not thinking things clearly? What's really going on? Is this Satan?

When I think like this though, it's clear that it's not. Yet, in honesty the question remains deeply unsettled within me. I'm not sure how or why, but it definitely does. I'm just enjoying a phase of life that I can't even comprehend. I'm enjoying stability. I'm enjoying feeling love on earth and from above together. I'm experiencing what they call acceptance. At the end of the day, isn't that what we are all struggling for?

Let's touch on that word for just a little bit. Acceptance. It literally translates into being loved and being responded to positively. It means to gain and not only retain the essential elements of friendship. Those essential elements being love, trust, loyalty, and the ability to relate fluidly with one another. Let me use my newest firm friendship to go deeper.

I met this guy at the Christian Musician Summit in November last year. Honestly, we haven't actually talked or even begun to relate to each other outside of those conference days until just last week. We had coffee, we found out how alike we really were and we began the steps of trust. I trust him now a lot more than I did last week, and now I understand that we mutually relate to each other. Love and loyalty are more attainable after a longer period of time. I need to pursue his friendship actively in order for him to pursue mine actively. It's not a one way road. As soon as it does become one way, it's time for the other person to jump ship. However, in the case that we both continue maintaining this blessing, then we acquire the loyalty, and the love. I hope at some point that we become that close. I see a lot of what I look for in him. Perhaps even in the future we'd be a great couple. There are no thoughts about that right now. I really am just enjoying his awesome friendship. He's also a potential business partner. Well he his a business partner, but I've not quite fully committed to the idea. That question will soon be settled however.

Anyways, back to acceptance. If you have it, you know it. If you want it, work for it. If you don't have it, cut the line or keep trying until you or the other person makes a decision. Once you have it though, try to keep things awesome between the sparks. Because with acceptance comes an automatic urge to get comfortable. Even in friendships there will be times that are much much hotter than others. Fight through it. If, after the fight, things still prove to be cold, evaluate where you stand with that person. Create a warm environment of openness. Let them express in earnest what they're feeling. Listen.

As I close, I just want to tell you that I have been eternally blessed beyond measure with a loving family, great friends, and awesome relationships. However, the relationships didn't happen overnight. They took work. Even with my best friend. It takes work. It takes sacrifice. It takes love. My question now becomes. Do you have acceptance? Where? Do you yearn for more?

Answer those questions. Take your answers, wrap your soul around those questions, make certain your answers are your real answers and not just an angry or sad person deep within. Get over your past to embrace your future. It's a bright one. I promise.

Be open. Work. Maintain. Work. Be open. Listen. Work. Maintain. Be open. Listen.

No comments: