Monday, June 9

I'm done, but it's not over

Did you ever wonder if you let the most important thing in your world go, just how much it would affect you?

I think we do that a lot. I know I do. Just about a week ago, I let go of one of the absolute biggest things that has ever entered my life. I haven't reacted at all like I thought I would though. That's what's interesting. Instead of grieving over it, I'm rejoicing over the burden that has been lifted from my life. I miss the routine of it terribly, I miss the closeness of it definitely, but I don't miss anything else about it. I just got stuck into something so familiar that I couldn't navigate the waters to find land again.

My heart wants to write lines of words of meaningfulness and depth, but the truth of it, there's a new song already forming within my heart and soul that has me extremely excited for life beyond what even I can comprehend. There's a definite interest in my heart for the next big thing to come. There's definitely been some great people to come into my life while I wait. Perhaps one of them may end up becoming that next big thing.

Anyways, about the writing. The lyrics deep with my soul. I'm always writing in my head, and in my heart, and on the paper, but never can I write to have it authentically sung. Yes, I know I can create successful melodies. Yes, I believe in my gifting whole-heartedly. Do I think that it's meant for the world to hear, not necessarily. The Lord is my guide through this process of learning just what this gift has in store for me. The Lord knows. That for me is enough. I trust that He will see me through and help me shine at the end of the day. After all, we're all stars. We all have to find our shine.

I guess what I'm saying comes down to this. I am done, but it's not over. This chapter has reached its end, and now my next footprints must be made. How will I leave my mark in this next part of this wonderful journey?

No comments: