Sunday, June 29

My real-life brother is my real-life inspiration.

As I'm sitting here, in a much cooler atmosphere than I was in just an hour ago I reflect on the beauty of a great brother/sister relationship.

He showed up. He not only showed up, he excelled in the way he interacted with those he had met. I always knew that my brother loved me but this confirmed that he really and truly loves me. With depth. Not just a surface love, a real love...

I am so thankful for that. I can't wait to see his destiny fulfilled. He's going to do amazing things, his wife will be incredible, his family will rock, and he's going to be an amazing comrade in this life. As he's gaining his adult attitude, I see the most awesome little brother in the making. I am so thankful I get to share everyday memory with him. I am so blessed by his presence.

I would not be the person who I am today if it wasn't for our interaction. We get along extremely well. We have the most entertaining conversations. I love my little brother. I really really do.

I know I write about him sometimes, but I don't think I've ever come into that kind of detail about him. Ever. I am generally and wholly blessed by him each and every day.

Daniel David Porter, that name, that person, he is everything.

No comments: