Saturday, June 14

There is no one like you...

To you, the one that sits across from me with that smile, that familiarity. It's comforting. It's refreshing. It's wonderful. I'm so glad I've met you. I'm so glad we've shared purposeful, meaningful conversation. I'm so glad we've run into each other spontaneously. I'm so glad that you're here in my life now. I'm trying, but not rushing to find out just how you belong in my life. Trying to figure out just which little or big part you may or may not come to fill. I like your laugh, I love the comfort I find when I'm around you. I love your touch, though we've hugged just once. I found something I didn't know could exist immediately in any sort of connection. I found myself challenged, yet I didn't feel like I wasn't on your level. I craved to hold your hand just so I could know what it was like to be the page of the book you were reading. I found myself dreaming lyrics about you, like it was nothing new...

Anyways, so other than the topic of "the new boy" in my life, things have been interestingly strange. My grandmother, whom we fondly call Nana, isn't doing so well. She's been sick for the last week or so, and everyone's not ruling out the fact the she may or may not have had a stroke or set of them. My mom may or may not have broken her elbow riding her bicycle this afternoon. My brother's foot hurt for no apparent reason all day. So much so in fact he had trouble walking even. I pray for healing. I pray for divine healing to overcome their injuries and illnesses. Lord, you alone know how to encounter the enemy and put him away. Tonight I beg like the child I am for you to come into their souls, their minds, their bodies and release the pain. It is with You and You alone I continue to breathe. Let that very thought continue to reign within my mind. In Your Holy and precious name, Amen.

That's pretty much where I'm at right now. I hope that I come back to writing soon. I haven't done it much lately, and I always notice that when I'm not writing my mood is less positive. Perhaps that's a sign I should always be writing. Having and not using this gift is moderately to severely stupid.

No comments: