Saturday, February 9

Genuine Love Affair

I'm becoming more and more aware of one great big thing.

My relationship with Jesus is a genuine love affair. It's hot, it's heavy, it's scandalous, it's deep, it's raw, it's powerful, and it's real. So real I sometimes swear I feel his breath hot on my shoulder giving me the encouragement to go forward. There are times when I've truly felt a hand wrap itself around mine and felt the wind carry the comfort of my Saviour through my hair. I love my Jesus. I used to think He was all warm and soft and gentle and sweet. Rapidly my Jesus is turning into a warrior drenched in His blood He sacrificed on the battle field for my name. He's turning into my wonderful lover who teaches me a little bit more each and every breath. He's turning into my Great Commander upon a stormy sea. I hear His name resound in my head. I exalt His name wherever there is room to be heard. He is not just a representation of Love. He is not just a representation of Life. HE IS LOVE. HE IS LIFE.

He is the single-most thing that I'm grateful for. I am so blessed by Him. I am so blessed He walks my path with me. I love the raw emotion. I love the sometimes-quiet, sometimes-loud desperation I am called to. I am in a genuine love affair with Jesus Christ. His sacrifice is always bringing me back to my knees in front of His cross.

He never has left me and I didn't know why I thought he did. He will never leave me and I don't know why I thought He Ever would. I love Jesus Christ.

No comments: