Thursday, February 21

approaching 21.

My birthday is approaching. It's ninety-two days away. It's not "right around the corner" but I feel like I'm dancing pretty closely with it. On May 24th 1987 I was born, and on May 24th 2008 I turn the big twenty-one. To tell you the truth, it's a lot sweeter lacing words together about it than it will be in action. It's the monumental occassion when a person gets to drink legally. For me, that is going to be extremely uplifting. Dangerous, but uplifting. I have made the hard decision not to embrace the "lifestyle" that so many people embrace after turning twenty-one. Yet, with most dinners I will have a glass of wine. For me that will come as a remembrance not of anything else. I will have the glass of wine as a way to come into communion with my Father. As a way to remember that His Son's blood was my sacrifice. I will embrace the freedom that He has commissioned for me. I will not drink in excess. Yet, I will not deny it.

No comments: