Wednesday, January 6

Creeping Along.

It's too late to fight, you've already been dragged down into the fire
Where desire outweighs discipline
Where corruption flies along emotional suicide
You can't just get up and hide...
Keep creeping along, you keep drowning in the fire
Hands are shaking, feet are hesitant,
You know what you've gotta do,
You've gotta move along...

Don't you get it you're gonna die
Because you're gonna get caught in a desert fire you can't put out
You're creeping along, trying to find out how you belong
Trying to fill cracks in that destroyed fortress deep within your heart...

No one's gonna force you to change, baby, that's all you.
Baby it's all you.
Embrace reality, you're sinking faster than titanic's journey into the icy darkness
Let's go...

Here's your lifeline... stop creeping around...
Here's you salvation... no, it's not that cross 'round your neck...

It's here, within your heart. Feel my hand in yours.
Slowly tracing a path to your heart, we land...
Open your palm against your chest,
Come on stop creeping around...
I place my hand on top of yours
We feel the beat of your heart, and it's crying for open heart surgery

It's intensely damaged, you know what you've done...
You got caught creeping around.
I was willing to move on but your heart couldn't do it...
Baby you say I'm still your star, but I know that isn't the truth
I see you still creeping around
The monkey on your back, the dirty little night club lies...
Don't take me for a fool baby, I'm not a sweet little girl

I've got my own secrets, my own lies, my deceptions, and my walls...
It's human tendency.

Only with you did they start to fall, then when I saw you with her,
My heart cried out, not again...
You told me you were sorry, and to come to your side in your time of need
I gave you my best, and I was treated like trash...
You're fighting the line between faith and frivolity
You're fighting the line between conscious and coma
You made me so happy I could've died,
Now I'm looking at an empty bed, and a sunken head

Stop creeping around, admit it, admit what you are...
Stop creeping around, just let it out, you're not doing well...
I'm gonna walk away now,
You've hurt me one last time.
I'm out, gotta hit the club, dance floor fever is in full effect
Gotta dance, gotta cry, gotta find the next guy to break my heart,
Because I'm having a good time, now that you're gone.

You're a sinking ship with dangerous cargo...
Gotta stop creeping around you fool...

No comments: