Sunday, November 29

I don't know

Like so much of my writing before this, I'm starting on yet another empty page. More importantly, and most critically, I'm also starting on a completely blank mind. So, we'll see if I can still write.

Lately, my life has been somewhat of a sad song. It's all because of some poor decision making of my own. I tried to be the strongest person I knew for the people around me. The tower of strength so to speak. While doing that I failed, yes, failed, to encounter my own decisions rationally and emotionally. I made some serious mistakes, and I broke a heart. My own. More importantly, I also let down my Savior. The one who paid the ultimate price. The one who died and rose again so that I may live on this earth as free from the bondage of my sin. Yet, in my fog, I totally disrespected Him. If there were ever a time in my life after salvation that I feel like I hit rock bottom. This would be it. From it stemmed this writing, a lyrical response to my salvation. Which now I know the true value of. Because of the rock bottom, I now know how strong and mighty He is and just how strong a sacrifice His life was for me. I am totally and completely shocked at my own behavior, but now is my chance for redemptions song to sing from my heart, carried on the breath of heaven...

Pandora-

It was a lazy Friday afternoon,
Just chilling listening to some Miley Cryus tune,
Then he called, the boy called,
Took my heart just one second to fall...

And say yes, yes, yes to Pandora
I should've been shouting Gloria
But I said yes, yes, yes to Pandora,
And away I went...

Driving in the pouring rain,
Accelerating a little bit faster to get to him,
My heart starts pounding, driveway in view,
The power of this stumbling block I never knew...

And I fell to Pandora
When I should have fallen, Hosanna!
And I fell to Pandora
When I should have fallen, Hosanna!

Took my hands, and said sweet things,
Turns out they were just above nothing,
My pulse raced, hands gripping the chair,
In my head I was made painfully aware...

That I needed to run away
But I stayed, etranced by my shame...

I should have run from Pandora
I should have screamed Hosanna
I should have sung out Gloria
I should have screamed Hosanna

No comments: