Monday, January 19

Tomorrow

Tomorrow. Tomorrow. Tomorrow is January 20th, 2009. Tomorrow, our nation, our great, grand nation moves on. Moves forward. From what will be known as a failed presidency. We move forward with optimism in our steps, and our hearts heavy all the same. We have debt, we have wars, we have an economy unstable, we have a lot on our shoulders. In Barack Obama there is hope, even I, a relatively staunch conservative, can hop on board with. He is already shifting things. He's about community, not about communism. I don't believe that communism is where we're headed in the next four (or eight) years. I believe that healing is where we're headed. I believe we will see our wars come to a close. I believe that the American public will hold their heads high and their gait strong and swift.

I believe we have to trust this man, who tomorrow (today for some of you) on January 20th, 2009 becomes the President of the United States of America. I believe he is a fresh breath. I believe that even though my top candidate did not make the American public feel the same way, that he must be respected.

He has already been serving the community. In fact today he helped renovate a homeless boys shelter this morning. He's putting in honest elbow work...

January 20th, 2009. We believed in change and now we are living it. Through God's own will, we are living it. Now it's our turn to not only see the change but be the change.

In God We Trust. Welcome to the next four (or eight) years! Congratulations Barack Obama. With you, yes we can!

No comments: