Wednesday, December 5

Square Off (Strong Waters Pull Me In)

The swells of the waves beckon me,
The depths of the seas call me, so cavernous
The fires deep in the forest burn my skin,
I can't help it, I can't help you, I'm giving in...

I think you're making me love,
Though I'm not sure what, what to love.
Tell me again, whisper it, right down to my core
Tell me you'll come and save me, always
As we're leaving, I feel danger all around.
I'm about to square off, square off with the biggest sin in town
I'm about to square off with reckless abandon
But I can't help but thinking,
I maybe lost in this battle until the end.

The cup in your hand, full of liquid quick sand
The enchanted glass in your hand, it's calling the best of me
To bring out the worst in me
Take a dive, unwrap the sin, deconstruct values, fuck morality
Slowly, patiently, the strong waters take me in...

Hey you, yes, the one, dressed in the perfect hue
You call me with your words, simple yet defined.
You've got me hanging onto your every move,
Let's take shots, the room spins...
You take my hand, lead me to a secluded opportunity

I'm looking straight ahead into what could become reality
Quickly, feverishly, the rapid inferno grapples within
With one kiss the world stops
With one kiss, the innoncence ends
We've blackened our hearts, and forgotten ourselves

I'm squaring off, with my own worst enemy
I'm past the threshold,
This time I don't look back...

Up against the cold concrete
Firewater dripping through our veins
I've never felt so real, never felt so alive
That is, until I realize, I've stepped out of the Light

I squared off with the criminal,
He got the worst of me to destroy the best of me.
I was led by the adversary's deceptive hand...

I sober up, you sober down,
You drive me home, a single sentence beckons to be said
Mutually, you and I agree
Let's square off, let's do it again.

No comments: