Monday, February 28

Grenade; the Biblical breakdown

Bruno Mars is a gifted man. Gifted with charm, and gifted with music. The two combined, are lethal to girls, and make guys jealous. Haha. Anyways, the chorus of his almost overplayed "Grenade" struck me in a much different way than I had ever imagined. I have been listening to this song for months now, and only just now did it strike me as it did. Here are the specific lyrics that truly spoke to me;

Gave you all I had
And you tossed it in the trash
You tossed it in the trash, you did
To give me all your love is all I ever asked,
Cause what you don't understand is
I’d catch a grenade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Throw my hand on a blade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I’d jump in front of a train for ya (yeah, yeah , yeah)
You know I'd do anything for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Oh, oh
I would go through all this pain,
Take a bullet straight through my brain,
Yes, I would die for ya baby;
But you won't do the same

In my deep thinking tonight, I thought this is what Jesus was saying to his people, more specifically, me. Me. Right now. Here in this moment that I'm living. Jesus was speaking to me through Bruno Mars beautifully crafted lyrics. All Christ ever asked for was my love, and by not living my life daily to His Father's will for me, I'm tossing that love in the trash. As it so happens, when Jesus Christ took the cross for me, though the times weren't where we are at now, He was definitely sacrificing for me. If He were here now, walking among us, He would catch grenades for us, take bullets straight through His brain. Most convincingly of all, He did DIE for us, more specifically, me.

As Galatians 2:20 reads in the three translations I most commonly refer to;

20 - I have died, but Christ lives in me. And I now live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me. (CEV)

20 - I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (NIV)

20 - I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me. (Amplified)

I need to die again, Christ still lives in me, but the fire is gone. I have not forgotten what He has done for me, and the works He continues to do within me, but I no longer where I should be.

Thanks Bruno, you've given me revelation tonight.

No comments: